Wednesday, July 16, 2008

i've arrived... my luggage however...

it's not the first time i've stood at the luggage carosel after all the bags have quite clearly been unloaded, hoping that one more bag (ie. mine) might make it's way on to the conveyor belt. the large cardboard box containing my trek 520 is likely to be in chicago while i am in zurich. hum. i've made the best of it though and checked into a hostel here. i changed into my short shorts and ran around the city. people were out barbequeing, swimming, eating and drinking. i came across an accordion player performing the rachmaninov 3rd piano concerto under a bridge in town. i think that with enough practice, he might some day be able to play as well as i.

okay. say a prayer for my bike... where ever it is in the world. that it may sprout a pair of winds and meet me soon.

3 comments:

Bradley Yeomans said...

I guess you'll just have to run from race to race. Good luck buddy!

Amber said...

I don't believe it's possible that anyone could play the accordion as well as you, Rickey. Could that guy turn Wagner's "Bridal Chorus" into a polka? I doubt it.

Buzz said...

Tough one about the luggage ... but very good reading for us ... to quote Garrison Keilor: "Nothing bad ever happens to a writer. It's all good material."

Look forward to more (your Posts, not mishaps).

Joe Gray just won the Canadian Mountain Running Championships, and will be hitting the Euro circuit soon as well.

http://mountainrunningblog.com